The prestanda problem have been solved! I now never dropping below 30 fps and mostly at 60. The changes I have made is that I have reworked the way I am update the level of detail. Before I did work with one quad at each time which led to lots of quads to run through to get to the last one in the tree. What I am doing now is that am working with chunks instead, and each chunk have 256 quads in it. Which decrees the total amount of objects to go through to get to the one that is going to be rendered. Just doing this increased the fps significantly. Have to work with getting rid of chunks when going out in space so I can save memory for later if I am moving close to the planet again and needs to calculate new chunks and allocate new memory.