The last week I’ve been working some more on the details for the first scene such as the grass, the trees, some small stones which I made with paint effects et cetera. the trees are almost done right now I’m working a little with the textures for the branches/cherry flowers. I’ve used a texture I found earlier in this project. a picture of an appeltree flower. This actually worked pretty good. I just had to edit it a little in photoshop to make it look more like a cherry blossom branch. One other thing that I need to work some more on is the sculpting for the tree. I got a pretty good basemesh from paint effects but it needed more details. I got one version from before but I’m not that satisfied with the result. So I think the scultping might need some more work.
The grass was much easier to work with though, I just had to change a few settings and change the texture to something more realistic and then it was done. The only thing I’m thinking about now is if I should render still images of the grass and put in the scene as 2d planes, instead of having it all in 3D. The scene is getting pretty slow to work with so that’s the reason to why I’m starting to think this way. I know I was thinking of this before but I think I will have to try it out with the lighting of the scen first, before I decide anything final.
I also decided to redo the butterfly. The first version was a free mesh I found on the internet that I modified a little, but as soon as I started to rigg the butterfly more properly I noticed that the mesh was broken/wasn’t that good. So therefore I did a retopo of the whole butterfly, new uv, new textures et cetera.
So for now I will focus on getting the trees and grass done, and work some more on the lighting of the scenes. My goal is to get a final render of the first scene on Wednesday.
I will add some pictures as soon as my computer is done rendering