I added functionality to my program to easily create buffered meshes made from other things than just triangles, because what I really need for this game is lines. So that is what I added, and with the use of that new functionality I were able to create more asteroids-like players and bullets.
The greatest thing I’ve been working with is the ability to render text in my application. I’m using a library called FreeType and with the use of it I’m now able to load ‘.tff’ fonts into my application and use them to render text in my application. It was hard to figure out how I should use it but eventually I succeeded. For now I have to specify which font I want to load in and in what size I want to load it. I have implemented functionality for rendering text with left, center and right alignment. This is great for things like my Title and menu, I made a simple start menu where I can select host or join game, the rest of the menus will follow next week.
I have also been working on switching game states, going from the menu state to the game state. This required allocation and deallocation of resources which gave me graphical glitches and problems. But after some debugging I found out that the way I removed meshes on introduced a possibility of removing the wrong buffers. After fixing that switching states are going smoothly.
I will continue my work on the game, creating the asteroids, maybe start with the physics and render the score and other things I can do with the ability to render text.