I’ve started working with the interpolation but it’s not yet working, so I will continue working on that this week too.
Last week I lost a couple of days and got behind schedule. I was supposed to implement the entity system and improve in the player ships, but now I have to do that this week instead. This shouldn’t really be a problem squeezing in in this week’s schedule but I know some days will go missing this week as well.
Anyway this week I will continue the work on interpolation. When that’s done I will focus on the player ships, entity system and then start looking into text rendering.
This blog is for my specialization project called Multiplayer Asteroids. And here I will be writing about progress that I’ve made, setbacks, problems I encounter, what goes well and what doesn’t.
The first week have passed now, and I’ve decided for this Multiplayer Asteroids game. My specialization in the context of gaming is network/multiplayer, and that is where most of my focus will lie on. But as a Computer Game Developer I must use it in a game related project, there by I picked the Asteroids game. I think it’s great because multiplayer won’t change the gameplay of the game too much and it feels like it should be a relative simple game to make, while still being fun and challenging.
The application will be written in C++, the programming language of choice for me, and OpenGL will be used for rendering. I’ve decided to implement network using UDP, simply because I want to learn more about it. Everything will be written/coded by me and I will be working on Linux OS, Debian, so that’s the platform my application will be working on.