Final rush

So, last week was spent almost entirely on the bug I encountered earlier on, and everything related to that. I managed to fix the view frustum, and completed the spawning of different objects around the scene. I basically choose different points on the map to spawn clusters of trees, bushes and rocks. I did however not get much time to work on the textures, as I was supposed to do, so I’ll have to do it during this final week.

Some setbacks

So, this week has unfortunately not been too good. Well, I guess that I succeeded in adding the major part of what was scheduled to be done by this week, but as I already had laid the foundations for it earlier on during the project, creating a system for efficiently adding different models to the environment wasn’t too challenging. However, the problems was encountered once this was done, when bugs with my view frustum started appearing. I’ve been trying to debug them, with slow progress. As I said previously, it hasn’t really been going too well, but I have at least made some progress. I know where the problem is occuring, I’m just not entirely sure where the problem is caused (As per usual, dealing with programming).

So, fixing this will be the primary task for the beginning of the next week. Fortunately, I have time put aside for things just like this, so it should all be well. Then, keep on working along the schedule.

Back to LOD

So, after finishing my heightmap generation, I’ve been working on the level of detail once again. Before, I simply made one of the nodes have top quality, and the others had a certain set quality level as well. This worked for testing purposes, but it’s obviously not what I need for the final result. So, now the nodes will change quality level depening on the camera position. The nine nodes adjacent to the camera will have the highest quality loaded, the ones surrounding those will have the mid level quality, et cetera.