Week Eight and Nine: Out of Time

So I haven’t done an update on the eigth week until now and the reason is that I’ve been pretty stresst to get every thing working and writing all of the reports that needs to be done at the of the for the the nineth and final week, on friday (tomorrow) actually.

So here is the post on both the of the last to week working on the project.


Week Eight


During the eigth week I was only going give the particles the ability to use geometry instead of only having the option of using the billboards, but that was don in less then two days so I said to myself, what the hell, it would be cool if they could rotate as well and not just have their original roation when loaded by the program. Well after this proved to take just a little bit more time than the adding the geometry particles to the system, I again looked invard for guidance and I found that I wanted to make the emitters rotate as well, because that would be freaking awsome. So of course I did and the result was pretty awesome as I hope that these screenshot will show. I might upload some videos later as the screenshots doesn’t quite capture the awesomeness of the moving emitters.


This image shows a spinning surface emitter that has the shape of a cube.


The image above shows a spinning surface emitter with the shape of a dosecahedron.


Above is an image of a line emitter spinning line emitter that’s emitting cubes.


This image shows a stationary line emitter that’s emitting cubes that are given an angular velocity as they’re emitted from the emitter.


Week Nine


As I metioned at the start of this post I’ve been a little bit stressed during the ninth and final week, and that has to do with the fact that I was supposed to be done with the GUI at the end of last week so I only needed to write the repport for the project during week nine. But, because of some personal reasons that came up during the weekend I wasn’t able to. So designing and implementing the GUI so users can test the particle system was pushed to the start of this week.

It took about two and a half days to get what I think is all of the functionality to be modable via the GUI and that’s mostly just implementing the functionality for the individual buttons, check boxes, dropdown menues, ect., and spending almost no time at all on checking the different combinations of presses that could break my particle system.

But this the following images shows how the GUI looks like at the moment and most likely it will look the same at the final delivery as well, exept for a few names maybe.




Well that’s about it now I need to go get some lunch and prepare some slides for the presentation tomorrow, have a good one, and I might see you later. 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *