Last week I took 4 days off which was well needed and I came back with charged batteries. the week was all about production, I finished the last part of the level, it’s been a little changed in the plan. I no longer going to make the player be able to access the third island, you’ll see in the end why. I also tested out the ability to attach a body to the camera, and it worked without any problems. I’m just going to make a high poly version of the body and the arms.
I also took some time to giving extra detail to parts of the level, in the end I made:
-3 types of roots
-Bricks for the edges of the buildings to hide seams.
-The stone bridge
-New stone stairs for the beginning of the map
-A variation of the buildings, some are destroyed.
It took me two days to complete the gargoyle\demon, from making up the zsphere to the animations. I didn’t have any plan for the looks and just wanted the creature to take form as i sculpted the basemesh. All I had in mind was to make it look dangerous and demonic.
It started as an alien, went from a pig to a dinosaur,cat,lizard,alien, and then finally (In my eyes) a demon/gargoyle.
When the sculpt was gone I made a lowpoly of the mesh that landed on 11.000 tris, did 5 different bakes of different parts of the high poly because I got serious baking issues with the wings,legs and his mouth. I gave the demon the classic glowing red eyes with an low res emissive map. After the texturing part I started to animate the creature and tested the animations in-game.
It still needs some cleanup and timing, also some skin weight painting.
That’s about it for this week.
Next week I hope to be ready with the golem and the castle.
I also got a really nice drum loop from Sebastian Mårtensson that fits perfect into the scene, big thanks!