So.. I spent most of the week trying to implement a sorting algorithm. I never did that well to begin with, nothing seemed to work quite as I imagined, and I trawled through several papers trying to write my own sorting algorithms.
Nothing of this had any success, so before the weekend, I decided to use some existing projects for sorting. None of which seemed to work properly.
In short. NOTHING. WHATSOEVER. Worked. Apart from my particle kernel. But that one was really simple, nothing much to screw up there. But.. in my desperation, I, today decided to install new drivers. And… it suddently works. Thanks a bunch Nvidia. I had broken drivers all along.
So now I have working depth sorting. I’ll post a simple run-through of the “algorithm” later. And a video. Even if the particle kernel and test emitter still looks the same, this means I can start doing other things. For this evening, I will be clearing up my code however. A video will come at a later time.