Your browser (Internet Explorer 6) is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how to update your browser.
X

[Week 4] Colored Billboards done

So, after finishing the billboards I figured I wanted transparency, and thus I read through that a little bit. What was seemingly simple bounded into me realizing just how much I have to learn. Even if I did bind VBOs, I rewrote the system a little bit so that I could send the buffers to my shaders, something I wasn’t quite sure about, but it worked well. However, I had many issues compiling a geometry shader, and first after fixing a bug with my debug logging could I see that it was because Geometry Shaders don’t take parametres that aren’t arrays. A facepalm later, I fixed it in a swiffy!

Also: I got some help with blending from someone.. and I feel I don’t quite grip it quite yet; I’ll have to take a more proper look later. As I will have to use different blending schemes later. I will also have to look into rendering particles to the depth buffer, but not against themselves.

This little adventure in itself worked fairly nice, I did learn a few things. Now I feel I can start with my research on particle sorting! This is gonna be interesting! The coming week I may also work on cleaning up my code a little bit and having more examples than just an all-emitting, fill-rate consuming ball of chaos. Even if it looks kind of neat!

Be Sociable, Share!