Your browser (Internet Explorer 6) is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how to update your browser.
X

[Final] Now it’s finished!

It’s been a good few weeks, and time has passed with a flash. The project has had a lot of ups and downs, but it has finally arrived at a conclusion, to my delight. It was a fun process and I believe I’ve learned a lot, and have got good grounds to learn even more. I don’t intend on stopping my work on this project as it is, not now. There are just a lot of more things I can do to it.. but anyway, here’s my wrap-up. My report. In short.

 

The positives:

  • A lot of tasks were simpler than I had estimated, so I ended up winning a lot of time.
  • OpenCL was easier to get into than imagined.
  • I was more capable than I first imagined, too. It helps to get confident. =D
  • Managed work so quickly, even with timelosses..

The negatives:

  • Timeloss on sickness: 2 weeks approx.
  • Timeloss on driver issues: 1 week approx.
  • Could have had better initial planning!
  • There’s a lot of place for more sophisticated solutions, like maybe using a heightmap for particle collision. Or something else.

Overall I’m happy with my results, and I feel there is a lot of room for improvement. Improvements that I am going to try out from home and at my own leisure.

 

The final delivery ended up being not quite a .lib. I wasn’t happy enough with the result, so instead I send out my entire source, which is full of test-code and unoptimized parts; but it’s something for anyone to improve upon.

This is Klas, over and out.

Be Sociable, Share!