Monthly Archives: February 2013
Yesterday morning I got done texturing the Ka-60 so after lunch I started UV mapping the Mi-28. I don’t know if it’s an easier model to UV or if I just got better at it, but it went much faster … Continue reading
So, I spent a good part of yesterday (Tuesday) creating and testing different stamps and stencils for Mudbox. Some of them I used to paint in rivets and plates over the hull in a bump map to add a bit … Continue reading
So, the UV mapping is finally done, it took a bit longer than I first thought even though I used Transfer attributes on the parts that are the same, like the rotor blades. Now the painting of textures can begin. … Continue reading
Today I wrapped the modeling on the Ka-60 helicopter. Reusing wheels and rotor from the other helicopter saved me a lot of time and I’m pleased with the result. When the modeling was done I took the opportunity to make … Continue reading
I would just like to show the workflow that I use with the RED files, a workflow that was presented a couple of weeks ago by Simon Tingell from Trickfabriken.
This week I’ve been busy with a little of everything. It started out with the modeling of the second helicopter, which hull I’ve redone three times I think, each time using different methods to get the best edgeflow for smoothing. … Continue reading
The first week of modeling is over and it is a wrap on the Mi-28 Havoc. Next up will be modeling the Ka-60 Kasatka and on Wednesday it’s Lights! Sound! Camera! Action!