Week 4

Hello!
This week has been full of ups and downs, but I feel like we’re getting somewhere now!
I’ve been working some with the skinshader for the mermaid, and now I’ve got some sort of base. Projected and painted most of the textures in MARI, which we’ve been trying out this week as well, and so far it has been pretty neat to work with.
Also she’s got some eyes now! And I modeled the things that are growing on her head, just need to bake the normalmap for them now.

So here she is with the base for the skinshader, displacement and normalmap.


/Moa

Here are some Pictures of the environment, textured in MARI, a program that has sped up the texturing process notably since the usual problems with seams are next to none existent. Painting or projecting the texture onto a 3D model directly is immensely helpful and time saving.

Most of the week has gone to baking normal- and ambient occlusion-maps, it wasn’t without it’s problems. We had a lot of artifacts on a few pillars, corals and in the cave but we managed to solve the problems by baking the maps in mudbox and simply painting over the artifacts. Displacement maps will be added to some of the environment meshes early next week.

/Gunilla

Be Sociable, Share!

2 thoughts on “Week 4

  1. Hi

    Im the product manager for Mari at the Foundry. I just thought I’d drop you a note to say that your project looks really cool! Nice work. I’m glad you’re having fun with Mari. We always like seeing what our users get upto. I’ll keep an eye on this page.

    Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

    Jack

    • We’re glad you’re interested! Mari has been a real time saver for us and it was very nice to work in, keep up the good work 🙂

Comments are closed.