Today was our third milestone, you can find my commissions here.
I have upgraded the environment a bit, added a spotlight and finally rendered out the entire clip for the first time in a higher resolution. But there was some errors in that clip that I couldn’t change. Have been having some trouble with Maya. I couldn’t open the scene and the character which I have referenced into the scene would not load. So here is a good ol’ playblast where I have changed some of the things.
Even though I did fix that by going back a revision on svn, (svn is a program that let’s us store our files on a server and it saves every version you save even if you save over a file. So you can then if an error occur go back several files and load that on your computer. It sure can be a life saver.) Then in the scene I did a File -> Optimize Scene Size. And that made the scene run much smoother, for a while at least. It starting to go slow again and it’s almost unbearable to animate at all. I tried exporting the things in the scene to a new one but that wouldn’t work either. I’m kinda running out of ideas and it would be nice to know what’s wrong. I think it’s most likely the character or the ghostman plug-in.
Well about the animation anyway. I got about two days now to fix and tweak the ever living out of this. I will probably not get entirely satisfied with the end result but I have done the best I could at the moment and I learned quite a lot.