Weekly Update!

Another week, another update!

Here are a few screenshots of this weeks progress:

IMAGE
IMAGE

These images displays my (very) early fire and smoke simulations for the missile that is getting fired in the second part of the movie. It’s at a very early stage (started yesterday), and I’m experimenting with different settings to get the result I want.


(Click to enlarge)

I’ve also been working on a CV-curve looking effect that will plant a target on one of the characters that the missile will home in on. I don’t know about the yellow color, but it distinguished itself from the background very well, apart from many other colors. I’ll try to track the logo on my shirt and then make a 3D “Bulls-eye” inspired target attached to it. The yellow streak looks kind of silly and naked right now, but it’s such a short shot that I’ll just come back to it if I got time later.


(Click to enlarge)

In this image you can see a screenshot of some lens flare experimentation. I want it to be subtle (which I think it is, once the whole thing is in motion), but also give that anamorphic movie feeling. It’s kind of hard not overdoing it, while still making it visible 😛

IMAGE

At last you can see my liquified wall. I tried to make it look like it was blending with the background well by color-correcting it, but what really made it work was the lightwrap. I think it blends in much better now. I want to thank Jimmy Sahlin for the lightwrap suggestion, and Kristoffer Andersson for letting me lend his reflection-map that he made out of the room (We filmed in the same room). I never thought I was going to need one, but here I am 🙂

Be Sociable, Share!