Your browser (Internet Explorer 6) is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how to update your browser.
X

Weekly Update #4

I have been working on the environment during these last 7 days. Overall it’s been a fairly good progress where I blocked the environment out in several iterations until I made a version I was happy with.

Once at that stage I started to replace the blocked out models with the optimized meshes I modelled and UV-mapped. There are still some models left to do and I still have to sculpt some meshes and bake out the normal & ambient occlusion maps, not to mention texturing everything to get a unified look and feel. Here are some screenshots from the UDK where I have assigned some temporary materials.


Other than that, I’ve researched stuff about UDK post effects, material setups, lightmass settings, vertex painting and some general basic functions like scaling textures in the engine etc.
Some references to post as well;

Be Sociable, Share!

Leave a comment   You must be logged in to post a comment.