I’ve had a lot on my plate these past two weeks or so, been straightening out a lot of technical issues with skinning, rigging and blendshapes, corrective and ordinary, providing a bit of support for Tomas and Daniel and getting some animation done in between. Still, things are more or less going in the right direction. Yesim is getting updated blendshapes, some unfortunate pushing going on in the gums but it looks like this will be an easy fix by just painting blend shape weight maps. I set the eyelids up with sculpt deformers to make the eyeballs affect them a little, however, this seems to cause some problems in combination with blendshapes so they’re scrapped for the moment.
JP’s going to get his face rig soon as well, ran into some trouble though while trying to split his blendshape meshes into left and right sides (using the excellent abTwoFace script once again from crumbly). Confused as to what could be causing this since splitting yesims meshses went smoothly enough, haven’t had time to look into it yet but I hope I’ll get it sorted out tomorrow.
As for the animation, shot 12 got quite a makeover, there were a lot of mood changes in there pressed into those 4 seconds which came across as just.. well, she felt weird and unnatural. So I decided to keep just the first and the last pose basically and worked it out from there. The tiara is still missing in this shot since it wasn’t done when I started on it. The other shots have stayed pretty much true to the blocking.