This week we have been sculpting like crazy deciding on a style and then making it happen. here are some images of the final sculpts:
now our main objective is how they are to be reintroduced into the animation scene. At first we had the idea of using Decimation master to lower the resolution while keeping detail. then re project the detail onto the decimated mesh. this proved difficult as the topology of a decimated mesh is horrid. So instead we decided to use the age old combination of Displacement maps and Normal maps. as this gave us the least drop in quality while being somewhat light weight. the only concern now is the added time this will introduce to the pipeline.
oh btw the text u see in the pictures is a Alphabet I created based upon the ABC alphabet but instead of letters we used Sanskrit influenced symbols, here it is: